When I ask candidates who they’d like to work for in the surgical market, the same names come up time and time again….
The big players in the surgical market
The following list is the companies (and the specific space they operate in) that we think are the big players in the surgical market, based on what our candidates tell us!
- DePuy Synthes – Orthopaedics
- Ethicon – Energy devices
- Medtronic – Cardiology, general surgery
- Olympus – Endoscopy, general surgery
- Smith & Nephew – Orthopaedics
- St Jude Medical (Abbott) – Cardiology
- Stryker – Orthopaedics
What makes these big names attractive?
For all of the big companies in the market the reasons candidates are attracted to them are much the same, making this a competitive space to work and recruit in.
A firm emphasis is placed not only on product portfolios and reputation, but also remuneration packages, development opportunities and company culture when considering candidate attraction. Candidates love a market leading, innovative set of products to work on and sell, whilst simultaneously wanting to feel valued and rewarded for their efforts at work. The big names are getting this balance right!
There are also some other companies in the space that nail this balance, and are definitely ones to keep your eye on in the surgical market…
Ones to watch
- Apollo Endosurgery – With their focus on minimally invasive surgical tools in the bariatric market, they’re often cited on Glassdoor as having an interesting product portfolio and great development opportunities.
- Arthrex – As a developer of products in the orthopaedic market, their medical devices have a great reputation amongst surgeons, as well as being a company known to have a great benefit package.
- Intuitive Surgical – With consistent 4.7 star reviews on Glassdoor, it’s easy to see why Intuitive Surgical are one to watch! Their da Vinci Surgical Systems are making waves in the emerging robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery market.
- Teleflex – Their urology solutions are well respected in the market, and they’re known to provide great remuneration packages to their employees.
What do you think?
We’d love to know who you think the top employers in the market are.
If you’d like to have a discreet chat about this, and what we could do for you, get in touch on +44 1522 812 450 or at email@example.com