Permanent Magnet Machine Designer
£55,000 - £65,000
Do you want to join a company culture focussed on pushing existing boundaries and operating outside the status quo? Are you well versed in the modelling and design of permanent magnet machines? Our client is seeking an engineer to join a team that is passionate about sustainable transport and develop automotive technology.
Specialising in electric and autonomous vehicle technologies, our client is an innovative company who produces software products and solutions for state-of-the-art vehicles, ranging from in-wheel motor technology to integrated power electronics and digital control. They are automotive technology pioneers whose fresh approach is driving the vehicle design revolution.
Within this role, you’ll maintain our client’s market-leading position by delving into the research and improvement processes for a portfolio of electric motors, ensuring that the electromagnetic concept remains cutting-edge. You’ll support design verification, test cases and reviewing test results, liaising with prospective customers and collaborators throughout the process.
- Working with other engineering disciplines to develop robust technical solutions
- Pioneering concept designs with optimisation techniques
- Developing system test plans and specifications
- Supporting change management
- Creating and reviewing relevant safety work products
- Working closely with key suppliers and project coordinators
The ideal candidate will have a strong (3+ years’) background working in a similar, team-orientated role, with a demonstrable track record of modelling and designing permanent magnet machines, as well as:
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Proficient in 2D & 3D FEA modelling for electrical machines
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or similar script writing programs
- Comfortable working as part of a multi-functional team
- Driven and ambitious, with a proactive approach to working
- Comfortable working under pressure with minimal oversight
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Can successfully present technical information
- Full UK Driver’s License and willing to travel
- Experience of testing motors and electrical machines in a laboratory environment
- Understanding of high-power electric and hybrid powertrains
This role is based in Surrey with requirement for national and internal travel.
Reference number: 15069
Temporary or Permanent Position: Permanent
FMC Talent contact for this role: Rhys Greenslade (firstname.lastname@example.org)