It’s that time of year again! It’s time for Infosec, Europe’s largest information security conference showcasing the most innovative information security solutions and products the market has to offer.
This year’s theme is ‘building tomorrow’s cybersecurity today’ and the most successful organisations in the market are already reflecting this in their talent management strategy – allowing them to build strength and experience into their workforce today so that when tomorrow comes they’re already there.
Infosec is important to us, and to me!
I’ve spent the last year working within the challenging information security market and Infosec is a valuable opportunity to meet everyone in the same room. I will be one of the almost 20,000 professionals attending this year.
Attending Infosec 2018 is an exciting opportunity:
- It gives me a chance to actually meet our clients in an inspiring setting
- I get to learn more about the changing talent landscape but also weigh in on the conversation
- I can meet and understand the names that are making waves in the industry
- I get to increase my knowledge of this booming market by listening to some of the fantastic speakers throughout the day. To pick a few, I am particularly looking forward to ‘Thwarting a Cyberphysical Attack in the IoT Era’, ‘Securing Cyber-Physical Systems’ and, of course, and of course ‘Rethinking Security Teams to Address the Skills Shortage & Secure the Business’.
The hot topics in the cyber security talent market
Some of the current major topics in this market are:
- Who are the best brands to work for?
- How is working in the sector going to change?
- What should you be earning in this competitive industry?
- What is being done about the skills shortage? (Read my last blog about this here)
- What do your employees value/not value about your organisation?
Along with learning and developing our skillset to provide the best service moving forward, we also understand that being transparent is key to a successful working relationship. These are some of the questions that are, and should be, in conversations about talent in this market.
See you there!
I’m going to be meeting with new and existing contacts during the show. If you’re interested in the talent management space within this industry then I’m really keen to meet you. Get in touch to book a slot to meet, by contacting me on firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope all the exhibitors have a successful show!