Could this be your next job?
Share job via email
|Job title||Propulsion Test Technician|
|Job type||Auto Innovation|
|Salary||35,000 - 45,000 GBP|
|Bonus Package||40 hours per week - shift basis, early and lates|
Do you want to push existing Powertrain capabilities at leading EV test facilities? Our client is looking for an ambitious Propulsion Test Technician to join their team.
Our client has over 100 years of experience in quality assurance and provides its services to industries around the globe. They aim to provide the very best in testing and quality assurance to companies across the world which they are achieving through their extensive testing capabilities and facilities. One of their core markets is the testing of parts for automotive OEMs and tier suppliers, testing combustion engines, powertrains and more. They are incredibly well respected in the powertrain industry, and this is an area of huge growth for the company.
As a Propulsion Test Technician, you’ll innovate on a range of Powertrain projects intended for leading OEM and Tier 1 customers. The full breadth of your technical expertise will be exercised as you’ll support the development of electric propulsion, combustion engines and hybrid systems. A keen desire to develop both professionally and personally, as well as the flexibility to work alternating shifts, will allow you to thrive in this role.
Other responsibilities include:
- Rigging, fitting and testing new components
- Working across a variety of software
- Identifying the root of development and quality issues and generating solutions
- Delivering projects on time, to budget
- Co-ordinating engineering changes and maintaining detailed design records
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure suitable technical specifications are met
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives
- Keeping by processes and safety requirements
The ideal candidate will have a years of experience in automotive powertrain testing (including Engines, Transmissions, EV, Hybrid or Mechanical), as well as:
- Qualified in a Mechanical or Engineering discipline (desirable)
- Demonstrable aptitude for fitting Powertrain and/or Vehicle components
- Able to confidently operate multiple test rigs
- Practical experience in EV powertrain or Hybrid system test operations
- An understanding of Vehicle systems
- Strong first principles approach
- Customer-focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Fast learner who embraces new technology and challenges
- Results-orientated and driven
- Full UK Driver’s License and willing to travel across facilities
Reference number: 13864
Temporary or Permanent Position: Permanent
FMC Talent contact for this role: Erin Sheridan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Share job via email
Oh, and if you are interested in this job…
Telephone us on +44 (0) 1522 695 011 during office hours, or use this form to send us a quick message, and we’ll get back to you.
my new job
Updated on 2017-08-07T17:04:38+00:00, by Matthew Graham.