Could this be your next job?
Share job via email
|Job title||Principal Research Engineer – GTC Test Lead|
|Job type||Auto Innovation|
|Salary||60,000 - 65,000 GBP|
|Bonus Package||22.5% - based on company performance (80%) and Personal (20%)|
Do you want to join a state-of-the-art aerospace manufacturing facility? FMC Auto Innovation are supporting a leader in green aviation in their search for Principle Research Engineer to join their team and drive technology development.
In this role, you’ll shape the strategy for development, testing and verification of next-generation hydrogen technology, bringing your knowledge of complex powertrains to maintain our client’s market-leading pace of innovation. Your input will be highly valued by internal and external stakeholders throughout the development process as you’ll provide both technical information, an assessment of progress and a measured opinion.
Other responsibilities include:
- Delivering technical leadership, guidance and motivation to senior engineers
- Developing test programmes and accompanying documentation
- Acting as a lead change agent, able to channel resources effectively
- Coordinating the management of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and to budget
- Working as part of a team to evaluate new technologies
- Driving continuous improvement and best practice initiatives
The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a test and verification environment, with a track record of developing complex powertrains, as well as:
- Degree Educated in a relevant Engineering discipline, with a demonstrable background in Mechanical/Electrical engineering
- Understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Familiar with safety assessment and upholding industry regulations
- Knowledge of modelling software (including MATLAB and Simulink)
- Proven team leader with a track record of achieving performance targets
- Innovative and able to resolve complex challenges
- Highly organised and able to meet strict deadlines
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-starter who is keen to develop both professionally and personally
Reference number: 14229
Temporary or Permanent Position: Permanent
FMC Talent contact for this role: Rhys Greenslade (email@example.com
Share job via email
Oh, and if you are interested in this job…
Telephone us on +44 (0) 1522 695 011 during office hours, or use this form to send us a quick message, and we’ll get back to you.
my new job
Updated on 2017-08-07T17:04:38+00:00, by Matthew Graham.