Could this be your next job?
|Job title||Principal Engineer – Current Vehicle|
|Job type||Auto Innovation|
|Salary||45,000 - 50,000 GBP|
|Bonus Package||Bonus Package|
|Job description|| |
Do you have 5-10 years’ experience in Bus or Commercial vehicle development? Would you like to work for an award-winning transmissions company with a strong reputation in the automotive world? Join our global client as their new Principal Engineer as they drive towards electrification and new mobility services.
Our client design, manufacture and sell advanced single and double deck buses within the automotive market. They have developed a range of low-carbon buses with optimised drive systems, setting the benchmark for fuel economy and CO2 reduction. Their lightweight engineering, premium service and low running costs all contribute to these advanced passenger vehicles designed for a global market.
As Principal Engineer you will be the technical authority for the current vehicles. You will be focused on leading the engineering team to deliver high quality systems, on time and within budget. This is a fantastic opportunity to join their mission to create the future of sustainable travel by working on the technologies that form part of them.
· Capturing requirements for a variety of embedded controls systems
· Developing resolution for market concerns and warranty issues
· Project planning and organisation to deliver customer specific requirements
· Creating formal reports and documents
· Researching and presenting cost and efficiency improvements
· Leading the design and development activities
· Contributing to the products research and development
· Building strong relationships with team members
· Setting objectives, coaching and performance monitoring for the engineering team
You’ll have at least 5-10 years’ experience in Bus or Commercial vehicle development, as well as…
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· You will have strong, demonstrable C/C++ skills
· Experience with model-based design techniques for automotive applications
· Ability to learn quickly and apply new engineering concepts
· Experience with complex CAD systems e.g., Solidworks, Catia
· Able to develop innovative solutions
· Experience of a broad range of complex electro-mechanical devices
· Understanding of the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Experience of systems such as Powertrain, Drive line, & HVAC
· High standards of integrity, inclusivity, and customer focus
FMC contact for this role: Stephanie Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Reference number: 9683
Oh, and if you are interested in this job…
Telephone us on +44 (0) 1522 695 011 during office hours, or use this form to send us a quick message, and we’ll get back to you.
my new job
Updated on 2017-08-07T17:04:38+00:00, by .