Could this be your next job?
Share job via email
|Job title||HV Battery Design Engineer|
|Job type||Auto Innovation|
|Salary||55,000 - 60,000 GBP|
Are you looking to work with cutting-edge battery technology? Our client has a rich heritage in the development of iconic and exclusive sports car models and is looking for an HV Battery Design Engineer to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a hands-on, dynamic environment with automotive technology that is paving the way for hybrid and electric vehicles.
As an HV Battery Design Engineer, you will lead the design, development and validation of HV battery pack and HV systems, from concept to production, by utilising CAD structure. You’ll bring your technical expertise to provide input into a new strategy roadmap, channelling resources effectively to allow our client to build a future pipeline of projects. You’ll refine processes and controls and generate improvements to ensure product teams deliver on the quality performance of the company.
Other responsibilities include:
- Predicting battery performance for pack design
- Generating detailed 3D CAD models and 2D drawings
- Supporting battery test planning to validate models developed
- Conducting data analysis and pattern spotting
- Achieving functional performance and durability targets
- Presenting technical information to stakeholders
- Aligning to best practices and driving the development of design manuals
- Monitoring costs, timescales and issues during build and test phases
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of HV battery pack and HV systems architectures for hybrid and electric vehicles, as well as:
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Track record of using Siemens NX CAD software
- Experience with cell electrical and thermal modelling techniques
- Familiar with key automotive software tools (including 2D and 3D NX CAD)
- Knowledge of simulation techniques
- Information-gathering gathering skills and data analysis
- Highly organised with experience in delivering projects in a time-dependent, high-pressure environment
- Driven team player and able to collaborate cross-functionally
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to develop and learn new skills
Reference number: 13294
FMC contact for this role: Rhys Greenslade (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Share job via email
Oh, and if you are interested in this job…
Telephone us on +44 (0) 1522 695 011 during office hours, or use this form to send us a quick message, and we’ll get back to you.
my new job
Updated on 2017-08-07T17:04:38+00:00, by Matthew Graham.