Could this be your next job?
Share job via email
|Job title||Business Development Manager – Utilities|
|Job type||Smart Industry|
|Salary||100,000 - 120,000 USD|
Are you a driven team player who thrives on collaboration? Our client is seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team and blaze new business trails for a leading IOT solution with leaders across the American Utility Industry.
Our client is playing a truly niche role in the automation of the industrial space. They provide uncompromising safety in the toughest settings through connectivity technology that enables communication between people, systems and devices. This is an excellent opportunity to join team-orientated environment where collaboration and innovation are of the highest priority.
As a Business Development Manager, you’ll develop and own a strategic business plan that you’ll take to a network of Utility customers, key accounts and technical leaders in order to develop a sustainable base of business opportunities from which our client can expand. Collaboration and co-operation sit at the heart of this role – you’ll work closely across Marketing, technical and channel departments to develop a cohesive strategy that propels brand awareness and sales across a vertical market.
Other responsibilities include:
- Working closely with account managers to unearth new opportunities
- Growing the customer base and acting as the customer voice
- Learning technical requirements of the product portfolio
- Negotiating contracts with commercials terms
- Hitting and exceeding quota and targets
- Building a network of contacts with key industry influencers
- Maintaining a high level of industry expertise and competitive intelligence
You’ll have a combination of strong (3+ years’) experience in the Utility Industry and a track record of meeting and exceeding quota in a business development role, as well as:
- Degree educated in a relevant business or technical discipline
- Detailed understanding of industry market trends
- Strategic, analytical and an excellent problem solver
- Able to maintain a strong personal impression with a range of customers, including C-Suite
- Strong communication, articulation and presentation skills
- High IT proficiency (including Microsoft Suite)
- Passionate about learning and facing new challenges
- Flexible and willing to travel
Reference number: 14195
Temporary or Permanent Position: Permanent
FMC Talent contact for this role: Jake Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Share job via email
Oh, and if you are interested in this job…
Telephone us on +44 (0) 1522 695 011 during office hours, or use this form to send us a quick message, and we’ll get back to you.
my new job
Updated on 2017-08-07T17:04:38+00:00, by Matthew Graham.