Could this be your next job?
Share job via email
|Job title||Application Engineer – UK|
|Job type||Smart Industry|
|Salary||100,000 - 125,000 GBP|
Our client is currently looking for a talented Application Engineer to join their team. This role is ideal for an entrepreneurial individual with a blend of technical and customer-facing skills.
FMC’s Smart Industry team are working in partnership with a unique and expert provider of simulation and modelling applications for the industrial markets including oil and gas, chemicals, metals and mining and more. Having grown quickly their solutions are already utilised by engineers in over 30 countries and by hundreds of leading engineering organisations to optimise process design. In addition, their solutions are favoured by governments, researchers, students, and academic environments to solve complex chemistry challenges thanks to their reliability, accuracy, and effectiveness.
As an Application Engineer, you’ll support the identification and creation of new business opportunities by defining technical requirements for client projects and enabling clients to successfully model and simulate their processes. Your technical expertise will be of high value to the sales team – you will provide consultancy to leverage the benefits of our client’s solutions and deliver quality post-sales product training to optimise the customer experience.
Other responsibilities include:
- Presenting the portfolio of solutions, and demonstrating how they can address client applications
- Creating compelling technical cases
- Gaining a deep understanding of customer requirements
- Providing in-person and virtual training workshops and seminars
- Contributing to technical marketing strategies
The ideal candidate will have a strong background of working in an operational environment with an understanding of how simulation models are implemented by clients to improve operations. Other requirements include:
- Degree educated in chemical engineering, chemistry, or a related science or engineering discipline
- Knowledge of Simulation technology and its applications to process design and operations
- Experience using electrolyte chemistry-based process simulation software is beneficial
- Experience of Consulting and/or post-sales activity
- Excellent presence with clients and able to engage effectively in person and using virtual channels
- Analytical and able to identify the roots of problems
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong computer literacy skills (including Microsoft Office Suite and CRM)
- Fluency in both English and another language (French, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Chinese) is desirable
- Tenacious self-starter who is results-driven
Reference number: 13387
FMC contact for this role: Persephone Kennedy (email@example.com)
Share job via email
Oh, and if you are interested in this job…
Telephone us on +44 (0) 1522 695 011 during office hours, or use this form to send us a quick message, and we’ll get back to you.
my new job
Updated on 2017-08-07T17:04:38+00:00, by .