Diagnostics service engineering salaries 2018 – what could you earn?
Whilst money may not be the biggest motivator for service engineers in the diagnostics space, if you’re a company that hires engineering talent you’ll want to know what you can expect to pay them.
We’ve analysed data over the past few months to find out what basic salary service engineers in the Diagnostics space can expect to earn.
- The average salaries for service engineers in the diagnostics space fall between £35,000 and £42,000
- The highest paying region of the UK for basic salary is London
- The average salary for service engineers is £37,300
- Most service engineers can expect to earn around 10% of their basic salary in bonus earnings
Average basic salaries across the UK
Generally, service engineers across the UK can expect to earn good basic salaries, ranging from £33,000 per year to £38,000. There are slight regional differences:
- Scotland – £33,000 per year
- North East – £33,000 per year
- North West – £34,000 per year
- Yorkshire & Humberside – £35,500 per year
- East Midlands – £34,000 per year
- West Midlands – £35,000 per year
- East of England – £34,500 per year
- London – £38,000 per year
- South East – £37,000 per year
- South West – £34,000 per year
- Wales – £33,000 per year
Unsurprisingly, London tops the list for basic salaries.
You can find more salary information in our latest insight report, it’s free to download and you can find it here!
There are several reasons that can explain the differences in remuneration across the UK
Territory size/demographic – Generally a larger territory demands more travel, particularly if hospitals are situated a fair distance apart from one another. Field service engineers are remunerated accordingly.
Availability of talent – When there’s a gap between supply and demand we often see higher basic salaries. In areas where there is less available talent but there is still demand, basic wages are likely to be higher than the average.
Technicality of equipment – Service engineers working with the most complex, cutting-edge technologies are likely to be paid more for the privilege due to the increased technicality of their role. Those working with slightly older equipment can expect a slightly lower basic.
Want to find out more?
You can access even more insight on salaries and motivators to move for service engineers in the diagnostics space by downloading our free UK Diagnostics Service Engineers Salary Report 2018 here.